The City of Buena Park has been working with West Coast Arborists, Inc., to develop a Master Tree Planting Plan and an Urban Forestry Management Plan. These plans are intended to manage the future growth of one of the City's most valued assets; trees.
The Urban Forestry Management Plan (UFMP) has a number of goals, including:
- Provide a planting/replanting "master plan" for new development and redevelopment.
- Protect the inherent property values of homeowners and businesses.
- Promote the elegance and urbanity of the City's trees.
- Clarify and establish approved street tree species by geographical sectors in the City.
- Reduce maintenance costs in the long run by providing like trees in a similar area.
- Provide trees more adaptable to soil conditions within the City.
- Provide a formalized guide to City staff and developers on approved tree species and the plan check process.
Although the UFMP does provide a set of guidelines, it may be necessary at times deviate from them depending on unique conditions.
You may download a copy of the current UFMP by clicking on the link at the top of the page.