File Police Report


Citizens Online Police Reporting System

If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1.

Using this online reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of it free of charge. Please confirm the following statements are accurate before proceeding to file your online police report:

  • This is NOT an emergency
  • This incident occurred within the City of Buena Park
  • There are no known suspects
  • This did NOT occur on the freeway or interstate

If the above statements are INACCURATE, please refer to our FAQ portion at the bottom of this page, or call the Front Counter at (714) 562-3901, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. 
If all of the above statements are accurate, you are ready to begin your online police report.

By using the Buena Park Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System, you can report the following incidents:

Harassing Phone Calls      Theft 
Hit and Run Vandalism
Lost Property Vehicle Burglary

Upon completion of this reporting process, you will:

  • See the words "Your online police report has been submitted" indicating that your police report is complete
  • Be given a police report case number
  • Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records

Please note:

  • Reports submitted that do not meet the online reporting criteria will be rejected
  • All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted
  • Filing a false police report is a crime

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What do I do if online reporting is not right for me?
A: If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1. Non-emergency call (714) 562-3902.

Q: If this happened in another City, can I file a report using this Citizens Online Police Reporting System?
A: No. If the crime took place outside of the City of Buena Park, please call the Police Department for that City.

Q: What is a "known suspect"?
A: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person, or where to find the person, who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle that the suspect(s) were in.

Q: What if this happened on the freeway or interstate?
A: If this took place on the freeway or interstate, please call the California Highway Patrol.