Frequently Asked Questions


How do I...

Apply for a job?
All open positions within the City are placed on the 24-hour web site, which is updated on Mondays. Make a point to check the web site weekly so that you will not miss an opportunity. Open positions are also posted in the Human Resources Office. Click here for more information.

Apply for a bicycle license?
Bicycle licenses for Buena Park residents are issued twice a month.  Click here for more information. 

Contact animal control?
The Southeast Area Animal Control Authority (SEAACA) provides animal care and control services to the Buena Park Community. The animal care shelter is located at 9777 Seaaca St., Downey, CA, 90241. Animal control inquiries can be forwarded to SEAACA by calling (714) 562-DOGS or (562) 803-3301.  Click here for more information.

Contact graffiti removal?
The Public Works Department provides a complete Graffiti Removal Program to eradicate graffiti within the City using all available resources and reasonable efforts.  Click here for more information.

Contact the Buena Park Police Department?
The Buena Park Police Department is located at 6640 Beach Blvd.  The general contact number is (714) 562-3902.  A complete list of contact numbers is provided on the Police home page. Click here for more information. 

File a police report?
The Police Department offers a variety of ways to file your police report.  Police reports can be filed in person at the Police Department Front Counter, or by contacting Police Dispatch to request a Police Officer or Staff Member respond to the location of the crime.  If the incident is not an emergency, occurred within the City of Buena Park, has no known suspects, and did not occur on the freeway or the interstate, you may utilize our online portal or contact the Police Department at (714) 562-3901.  Click here for more information.

Obtain an alarm permit? 
Each business and residence that is equipped with an alarm system is required to obtain an alarm permit through the Police Department.  This permit can be obtained by contacting the Crime Prevention Unit at (714) 562-3993.  Click here for more information.

Pay arrest booking fees?
Arrest booking fees are collected directly by the City of Buena Park Finance Department located inside City Hall.  The contact number for the Finance Department is (714) 562-3717.  Click here for more information.

Pay my citation?
Citations for correctable offenses may be paid at the front counter of the Police Department provided the violation has been corrected.  Parking citations may be paid by contacting (888) 207-5715, or visiting Parking Services Center at  For misdemeanor or infraction citations, contact the North Justice Center at (877) 872-2122.  Click here to be directed to the North Justice Center web site, or here for citation sign-off information.

Request vacation or patrol checks?
You may contact the Buena Park Police Department at (714) 562-3902 to request vacation or patrol checks of your residence while on vacation.  Requests can be made Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.  Click here for more information.  

Request a copy of a police report?
You may request a copy of a police report at the front counter of the Police Department. Click here for more information.

Schedule a Neighborhood Watch meeting?
Neighborhood Watch is the cornerstone of all crime prevention programs. It enlists the active participation of citizens in cooperation with law enforcement to reduce burglaries and other neighborhood crimes. Click here for more information.

View an accident report online?
Accident reports are maintained online by eCrash of LexisNexis.  Click here for more information.

Volunteer for the Buena Park Police Department?
There are a variety of ways you can volunteer at the Buena Park Police Department. Click here for more information.