The City requires that any organization and/or person filming in the City of Buena Park obtain a filming permit from the City. Filming includes, but is not limited to, feature motion pictures, videotapes, television and commercials.
In order to obtain a filming permit, you may call
(714) 562-3736 to request an application, apply in person or download the application.
The requirements for a filming permit are:
Application Fee – $300.00
Business License – $37.50
Approved Certificate of Insurance (Liability, Auto, Workers Compensation) with $2 million insurance coverage -click here for specific requirements or call (714) 562-3520 for additional information.
- If a street or lane closure or any type of approved traffic control is needed, then you will need to submit the application at least 20 days prior to filming.
- All other applications will need to be submitted at least 5 working days prior to filming.
The City Manager is responsible for approving the permit. If the permit is denied, it may be appealed. The fee to appeal the permit is $125. The fee to make any changes made to the application after it has been approved is $25.
Other important phone numbers:
- For questions regarding the location of the filming: (714) 562-3613
- For questions regarding security for the filming: (714) 562-3902
- For any other question regarding filming in Orange County, please call the Orange County Film Commission: (714) 476-2242.