The District 2 Small Business Emergency Relief Grant Program will support businesses impacted by COVID-19 in Orange County Supervisorial District 2. Grants up to $20,000 will be available to eligible businesses in Buena Park within Orange County District 2. To determine which Orange County district you are in, search your business address here.
Businesses with 10 or less employees qualify for $10,000, and businesses with 11-100 employees qualify for $20,000 (2 part-time employees equal 1 full-time employee).
- Have been affected by COVID-19;
- Be a for profit business located within Orange County District 2 of the City of Buena Park in a commercial or industrial space;
- Have an active Buena Park business license (minimum 3 months);
- Have 100 or fewer employees, including the owner;
- Must have average annual gross receipts of fifteen million dollars ($15,000,000) or less over the previous three years;
- The business must submit the application and all required supporting documentation;
- The business must disclose whether they have received funding from the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Loan); and
- The business must be in good standing.
- Additional requirements located on application
The application period has been extended until Friday, September 11, 2020, or until all funds have been granted.
The following documents must be submitted for consideration of a grant request:
- Complete grant application;
- Active City of Buena Park Business License dated prior to March 1, 2020;
- 2019 business and personal tax returns;
- Bank statements for last two months (April 2020 and May 2020);
- Copy of lease/grant deed demonstrating proof of commercial/industrial business address;
- Documentation supporting economic impact that has resulted from COVID-19 (details of economic impact, i.e., revenue loss, reduction in employee hours, layoffs, furloughs, modified business hours, etc.); and
- For businesses with 11-100 employees: You must submit: 1) Form 940; 2 Form 941; and 3) Payroll Report for March 1, 2020 or the last payroll report prior to the COVID-19 shutdown.
You must submit your application and supporting documents in person to the following:
City of Buena Park
6650 Beach Boulevard
Buena Park, CA 90620
Monday through Thursday 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, and alternating Fridays (September 25, October 9 & October 23, 2020)
Grant applications will be selected on a first-come first-serve basis until all funds have been awarded. For more information: (714) 562-3586