The City of Buena Park has partnered with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to develop a Small Business Emergency Relief Grant Program to provide vital economic support to small businesses needing assistance in overcoming the temporary loss of revenue due to COVID-19. Small businesses negatively affected by COVID-19, with 10 or less employees, may be eligible to receive a working capital grant of up to $10,000. The grant may be used for business operating expenses such as rent/lease, payroll, utility expenses, etc.
Funding for this program is provided by the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act through supplemental Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding for grants to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus (CDBG-CV).
- The business must be a for profit business physically located in Buena Park;
- The business must be located in a commercial or industrial space;
- The business must have an active Buena Park business license for a minimum of six (6) months;
- The business must have ten or fewer employees, including the owner;
- The business has or will obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number if a grant is awarded (can be obtained at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform);
- The business must prove they are unable to access capital through alternative sources (e.g. Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Loan);
- The business must prove their business has been negatively affected by COVID-19;
- The business must submit the application and all required supporting documents; and
- The business must be in good standing.
In addition to the above, the business applicant must meet the CDBG eligibility requirement:
- The business owner’s current household income is at or below 80% of the Orange County median income, adjusted for household size; or the business intends to retain at least one full-time equivalent, permanent low- and moderate income job, of which 51% of its employees are low- and moderate-income, full-time or equivalent employees.
Webinars: The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) will be hosting webinars in English, Korean and Spanish to help you learn more about the program and ask questions.
Missed the webinar?
Watch the recorded webinar:
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted through an online application portal or in-person at the City of Buena Park Economic Development counter, 6650 Beach Boulevard, Buena Park, CA.
Applications will only be accepted on:
Thursday, May 21st at 8:00 a.m. until Friday, May 22nd at 5:00 p.m.
(NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED)
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Lottery: All qualified applications will be submitted into a lottery. There will be 51 grant applications selected. All winners will be notified by email or telephone.
Facebook Live Lottery
June 3, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Watch the live lottery by clicking here
Contact Us: For more information, please contact Economic Development at (714) 562-3586.