The Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) is authorized under Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), through the federal budget process, allocates funds to communities who carry out the national objectives of the CDBG program: to benefit Low-Moderate Income persons, prevent or eliminate slums or blight, or to meet an urgent community need. Seventy percent (70%) of funds benefit persons of 80% median income or less. Applications for funding projects are conducted annually. The Citizen Advisory Committee makes recommendations to City Council on the projects for this program.
- Draft FY 2017-2018 Action Plan
- 2015-2016 Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report (Adopted Sept. 27, 2016)
- FY 2016-2017 Action Plan (Adopted May 10, 2016)
- Regional Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice - Buena Park - March 9, 2016
- 2014-2015 Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report (Adopted Sept. 22, 2015)
- 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan and 2015-2016 Annual Action Plan (Adopted May 14, 2015)
- Citizen Participation Plan (Adopted by City Council on May 12, 2009)
For information about fair housing, including landlord-tenant issues and discrimination, please contact the Fair Housing Foundation at (800) 446-3247 or visit www.fairhousingfoundation.com.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Martha Archuleta, CDBG and Housing Analyst, via email at email@example.com or at (714) 562-3591.