Programs and Events
|Christmas Tree Lighting||Jazz at the Plaza|
|Civic Theatre||Summer Concerts in the Park|
|Community Chorus||Youth Programs|
|Cultural Excursions||Youth Theater|
|Exhibiting Artist Program||Vendor Applications|
As a division of the Community Services Department, the Cultural and Fine Arts Division is committed to providing engaging programming for Buena Park residents of all ages, identities, and abilities in a welcoming and open environment. From live music and theatre to visual art and cultural excursions, we strive to celebrate the rich and multi-faceted diversity of our community. Through the support of City Council and the Cultural and Fine Arts Commission, we are able to offer free or low-cost activities and events that allow members of our community to access and enjoy art and culture. For more information, visit BuenaPark.com or contact the Fine Arts Division at email@example.com.
BUENA PARK, CA: The City of Buena Park is looking for artists to create an original, computer-generated crosswalk design that reflects the history, diversity, and beauty of the City as part of the Art in Public Places Program.
About Art in Crosswalks: Art in Crosswalks is a new program that will activate public spaces, engage the attention of drivers or pedestrians, and celebrate the history and culture of Buena Park.
Guidelines: Artwork must be in a subdued-colored aesthetic that is devoid of light-reflective properties (i.e., glitter). As per the Federal Highway Administration guidelines, artwork must be patterned but may not include octagons, triangles, or other shapes, text, and logos that could be confused with standard traffic control devices, legends, or messages.
Submissions: Please submit computer-generated images of potential artwork and a short biography or artist statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2020.
The City of Buena Park invited K-6 students who live in Buena Park and its surrounding cities to participate in the 44th Annual Elementary Art Show. Student work will be showcased in City Hall from January 21 – February 19, 2020. The Awards Reception will be January 31 at 6:00 p.m. This year’s theme is: "We Love Artists!”
From Kahlo to Kusama, Kerry James Marshall to Pablo Picasso...we asked students who are your favorite artists? Students displayed their love and creativity in this colorful show!
For more information or viewing appointments, please call (714) 562-3860.
The City of Buena Park's Fine Arts Division proudly presents the 19th Annual High School Art Show, February 25 – March 24, 2020, showing in Buena Park City Hall Council Chamber at 6650 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, 90621. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
1. Open to ninth through twelfth-grade high school students who attend school in Buena Park and neighboring cities. Entries MUST be submitted through the student’s school. Not open to after-school art programs or private instruction classes. Students are allowed to enter a maximum of two submissions, but may only place with one entry.
2. All artwork must fall in the following categories; oil/acrylic, watercolor, ink, charcoal/pencil/pastel, 2D mixed media, digital art, or photography.
3. All artwork on paper must be mounted on mat board or poster board. Work that is on canvas or framed must have wiring on the back and be ready to hang. Work that is not matted, mounted, or wired will not be accepted.
4. All artwork must have a half-sheet of paper attached to the back lower right-hand corner with the student’s name, the title of work, grade, school, parent and/or teacher contact information (email and/or phone number), and art category.
5. All submissions must have a display label with the title of the artwork, artist’s first name and initial of the last name, school, contact phone number/e-mail, and school district.
6. Artwork will be accepted at the Buena Park Community Center, 6688 Beach Blvd., January 27, 2019 – February 18, 2020, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday.
A panel of judges will review all submissions and will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each medium category (subject to change if limited submissions are received in a specific category). Ribbons and prizes will be presented during the Awards Ceremony on Friday, March 13, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. at Buena Park City Hall. All participants, their families, friends, teachers, and school officials are invited to attend. Artwork will be on display at Buena Park City Hall from February 25 through March 24, 2020.
Please note: There is no constant security in this exhibition. As a participant in the show, the artist is releasing the City of Buena Park and those connected to the program from any and all liability regarding the work including damaged/and or stolen work during installation, exhibition, and de-installation.
For more information, please contact the Fine Arts Division at email@example.com or visit BuenaPark.com.