In order to comply with the State of California Executive Order, childcare programs are allowed to remain open, if they are able, to serve essential critical infrastructure workers.
If you are an essential critical infrastructure worker and need childcare, please click here to access a searchable database of currently open childcare centers and family childcare homes serving children aged birth–12 compiled by Early Childhood OC. This database will be updated every Friday.
Alternate Caregiver Information
If you're a parent and become seriously ill, you may not be able to care for your child, especially if you're in a hospital. Prepare for this possibility by designating in writing someone you trust to take care of your child if you can't.
Download and fill out the forms below. Make sure you keep copies somewhere safe, and give copies to the person you designate as an alternate caregiver. Discuss this with your child and the alternate caregiver so everyone involved knows what your wishes are.
Parenting in the Time of COVID-19
You have a lot on your plate. Need some advice? Here are some resources that may help you in these difficult times.
- Tips for Families: Coronavirus (Zero to Three)
- Helping Young Kids Through the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis (Zero to Thrive)
- Parents' Guide to Coping with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis (Zero to Thrive)
- Supporting Families During COVID-19 (Child Mind Institute)
- Resources for Coping with the Coronavirus Pandemic (AHA Parenting Blog)
- COVID-19 Resources for Families & Educators (Conscious Discipline):
- Greater Good's Guide to Well-Being During Coronavirus: Practices, Resources, and Articles for Individuals, Parents, and Educators Facing COVID-19 (Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley)
- At Home with the Child Experts: The Science of Screen Time During COVID-19 (Society for Research in Child Development)
Buena Park Virtual Recreation
How can you keep your kids active and engaged while they (and you) are Safe at Home? Try to City of Buena Park's official Virtual Recreation Center! Here you can find a number of resources from activities, virtual tours, education tools, and more to keep you and your family happy, healthy and engaged.