The Planning Commission shall consist of seven members who are residents of the City having an interest in the development of the City.
Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month at 7 p.m., or as otherwise adopted by the Planning Commission.
General Purpose and Duties
- Consider and provide policy on planning matters.
- Develop and formulate the General Plan with the help of staff for the orderly development of the City.
- Initiate zone changes, amendments to the General Plan and the Zoning Ordinance.
- Recommend to City Council amendments of the Zoning Ordinance, zone changes, amendments to the General Plan, and such other matters as may be referred by the City Council.
- Approve or deny variances, conditional use permits, site plans, tentative parcel maps, tentative tract maps, and conditions, covenants and restrictions.
- Conduct necessary research in conjunction with submitted plans.
- Perform such tasks as shall be necessary to carry out provisions of the City Code and State Planning laws.
Terms of Office
Members shall be appointed by the Mayor with approval of the City Council for a term of three years.
Chairman and Vice-Chairman are selected at the first meeting in January of each year and serve for one year.
Buena Park City Code; Buena Park General Plan; State of California Government Code.
Community Development Department