The Park and Recreation Commission shall consist of seven members who are residents of the City, having an interest in the development of park facilities and recreation activities and programs within the City.
Regular meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7 p.m.
General Purpose and Duties
- Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in all matters pertaining to parks and recreational programming and to cooperate with other governmental agencies and civic groups in the advancement of sound park and recreation planning.
- To coordinate the park and recreation activities of the City and provide for establishment of sound recreational programs.
- To recommend a program of park and playground acquisition, development, and maintenance.
- Formulate policies on recreation services and recommend same to the City Council; make periodic inventories of recreation services that exist or may be needed and interpret needs of the public to the City Council.
- Study present and future needs of the City with respect to recreation and park facilities and events and make recommendations to City Council.
Terms of Office
Members shall be appointed by the Mayor with approval of the City Council for a term of three years.
Chairman and Vice-Chairman shall be selected in January of each year by a majority of the commissioners and shall serve for one year or until their successors are elected.
Buena Park City Code
Community Services Department