The Beautification-Environmental Commission shall consist of seven members who are either residents of the City, employed or engaged in business within the City, having an interest in the coordination of all beautification and environmental activities within the City.
Regular meetings are held quarterly on the 4th Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Other meetings may be scheduled as needed.
General Purpose and Duties
- To promote civic beautification and environmental awareness, and to educate the citizenry as to the need for community beautification and environmental awareness.
- To study and investigate means by which the City can conserve and enhance its natural environment and formulate policies for recommendation to the City Council for that purpose.
- To advise the City Council on public relations matters related to beautification of private property and publicly owned property.
- To review and make recommendations concerning landscaping and beautification of City-owned property.
- To consider, study and investigate such matters as may be referred to it by the City Council and make such recommendations as may be requested by the City Council.
Terms of Office
Members shall be appointed by the Mayor with approval of the City Council for a term of three years.
Chairman and Vice-Chairman shall be selected in January of each year by a majority of the commissioners and shall serve for one year or until their successors are elected.
Buena Park City Code
Public Works Department