BUENA PARK RESPONDS TO CORONAVIRUS
How the City is responding to the situation.
The City of Buena Park is continuing to receive updates from the Orange County Health Care Agency and monitor the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) situation locally. Governor Newsom announced that California public health officials issued an updated policy on gatherings to protect public health and slow the spread of COVID-19. The state's public health experts have determined that gatherings should be postponed or canceled across the state until at least the end of March.
How is the City of Buena Park responding?
- The Buena Park Senior Center will be closed beginning Friday, March 12 through the end of March. Adult Day Care will not be taking place during the closure. For more detailed information, please call (714) 236-3870.
- March 17 Special Council Meeting and March 24 Regular Council Meeting will be held, and will be accessible to the public via phone or online platforms. Contact City Clerk's Office (714) 562-3754 to make arrangements to participate in these public meetings.
- Commission and Committee meetings are canceled, with the exception of the March 25 Planning Commission meeting, which will be closed to in-person public attendance.
- The City has canceled all nonessential City-sponsored events through the end of March. The following events are affected:
- High School Art Show Awards Ceremony - POSTPONED
- Arbor Day - CANCELED
- VOLT Interview Workshop - POSTPONED
- Paws in the Park - CANCELED
- Track Meet - CANCELED
- Spring Eggstravaganza - CANCELED
- Adult Softball Program - SUSPENDED
- Youth Basketball- SUSPENDED
- P-Nut Baseball Skills Testing and League - SUSPENDED
- Volleyball and Basketball Gym Activities - SUSPENDED
- Parent's Night Out (March 20) - CANCELED
The City will reassess the possible closure and cancellations of future events and programs as the situation progresses.
City Hall will remain open for business, we are strongly encouraging residents to conduct all business online or over the phone if possible. To further promote public health, staff at front counters will be taking preventative measures. The City will continue to monitor the situation daily and provide residents with updates as they become available.
Have questions about special events or recreation classes? (714) 562-3860
Have questions about upcoming Council or Commission meetings? (714) 562-3754
Any other questions? (714) 562-3550